Solar energy comprises radiant heat and light from the sun that is harnessed using a wide range of technologies. Solar power is created when sunlight is converted to electricity using solar photovoltaics (PV) or concentrated solar power (CSP). Usage of solar energy has grown impressively over the years. It is speculated that by the year 2050, solar power will be the world’s largest source of electricity with CSP and PV estimated to contribute 11 and 16 percent to the total global consumption.
Common Solar Installation Options
The growing demand in solar options requires you to know which solar installation option best suits your home. The most common places for solar panel installations are the roof and on the ground.
- Roof-Mounted Solar Panel Systems: This panel system involves solar panels arranged inches apart and parallel to the roof’s surface on top of the roof. Roof-mounted panel systems are determined by the design of the roof. Is it flat or sloped? Most solar panels are placed on sloped or angled rooftops. Flat roof solar panel mounting is common in commercial and industrial buildings since they have large areas of wide-open spaces that are good for solar panels.
- Ground-Mounted Solar Panel Systems: In this panel system, the solar panels are mounted on the ground, a few feet or inches off the ground. The panels are placed at an angle of 30 degrees facing north to receive as much sunlight as possible. If your roof has obstructions like chimneys, ground-mounted solar panel system is the way to go for your solar needs.
Benefits of Professional Solar Installation Services
Solar installation requires a lot of skill and know-how. Therefore, it’s advisable that you hire a professional installer to properly install your solar panel system. Hiring a professional solar specialist has a lot of benefits like:
- Warranty: Warranty covers the photovoltaic panels for up to 25 years. The warranty is considered valid by the manufacturer if a professional solar contractor does the installation.
- Skill and expertise: A professional contractor has the knowledge and skill necessary to install your solar panel system quickly and efficiently.
- Electrical safety: All wiring should be done by a professional solar installer. This is because solar installers are licensed electricians and they know how to properly connect the panels to the power supply for them to work efficiently.
- Safety equipment: Professional solar installers have specialized tools and equipment necessary to complete the solar panel installation. These tools are expensive and require a professional who knows how to handle them.
Choose Bright Eye Solar for Professional Solar Installation Services
Bright Eye Solar is made up of experienced individuals who share a passion of helping people experience a smooth transition to solar power. Our solar installers are the best in the business and we work closely with our clients to ensure we choose a solar panel system that best suits your needs. Our team is readily available to answer all questions you might have with regards to the available solar installation services that we offer.