For a long time, the main argument for commercial solar power was that it was good for the environment. While that hasn’t changed — solar is still a much cleaner alternative to fossil fuels — a new crop of businesses in Pennsylvania is embracing solar power for more immediately pragmatic reasons.
A combination of increasingly affordable components and government incentives has made it more economical than ever to add a solar array to your business. With the barrier of high installation costs removed, it’s now easy for businesses to enjoy the full range of benefits commercial solar can deliver.
With a solar installation, your organization will enjoy:
- Lower overhead costs: By reducing your reliance on the grid — or eliminating it altogether — commercial solar panels save you money on a month-to-month basis. Because you’re using less energy from your utility company, your bills will be less vulnerable to fluctuations in pricing due to seasonal demand, making it easier to budget.
- A valuable additional revenue stream: A commercial solar system doesn’t just lower your monthly energy costs. In many areas, any excess power you generate can be sold back to the grid, providing you with an additional source of revenue and, as a result, a faster return on your investment.
- A distinct marketing advantage: Customers value forward-thinking businesses. A large solar array installed on your property is a highly visible symbol of your commitment to sustainability. Perhaps more than any other green infrastructure investment, commercial solar panels can play a valuable role in defining how you’re perceived by your clients.
Clearly, there are benefits to adding a solar system to your business. But do those benefits offset the potential drawbacks? Consider some of the common complaints about commercial solar in PA — and how Bright Eye Solar works for you to reduce or eliminate them:
- It’s unreliable: Solar doesn’t have to mean abandoning the grid altogether. While our region may not be as sunny as Florida or elsewhere in the South, flexible installation options allow you to remain connected with your regular utility provider when extra power is needed, ensuring your business stays running at all times.
- It’s disruptive: Installing a set of commercial solar panels is quick and easy when you partner with an experienced company like Bright Eye Solar. We’ll work around your schedule to get the job done quickly, minimizing downtime for your business.
- It’s expensive: Tax rebates, flexible financing and leasing options and lower material costs all reduce the initial expense of installing a commercial solar panel. See for yourself by running the numbers — one of our representatives would be happy to provide a detailed proposal outlining your path to a strong ROI.
When it comes to commercial solar, there are a lot of misunderstandings. What’s clear is that when you look closely at your options, the drawbacks are mostly overstated while the benefits are genuine. To learn more, contact Bright Eye Solar today.